Thursday, October 31, 2013

October

I have no idea, what month is this... Everything seems to go other direction of my plans. For starters, we had "nice" fall storm here what hit us in the middle of the night. Luckily nothing terrible happened here with us, but some other parts of Estonia got pretty bad damages. Many roofs were gone from schools, stores, houses and so on. Off course electricity were gone as usual. Luckily we got our back within matter of hours but some people still don't have theirs... Electricity company promises that they will get it maybe on Sunday... I been that several years ago, when we did not had electricity over 2 weeks in winter... And our water, heating system, everything even making food depended on it. So it is not pretty thing at all.

Well coming back to the swap. I swaped with Amy from Cavemom Lifestile and I sent her
Sea Buckthorn mustard. It is nice and really strong mustard what is made by local little farm. I love it and I hope that Amy can figure out what to do with it. 
I got from her nice little parcel today 31st of October... I have no idea why it took so long and I still wait one parcel from US what was posted in 4th of October with DHL. I pray that I will receive it and that it is not lost. 
So as my little parcel came too late I am a bit late with this post as well. I got nice coffee chocolate and nice bear bottle honey. First I did not know what to do with it so quick. Normally I have few days to think of it. But now I needed to act fast. So I decided to make "Å¡okokaadi kisselli" well I try to translate it into English as well Chocolate kissel. 
When I was young it was our schooldays sweets. Actually I did not take measurements how much of what I put in as it is just by feeling and taste...

I took photos as well, but now my camera do not communicate with PC, so I have no idea what is wrong as it did few days ago and after that it just stopped communication. So as soon as I will get them contacted again I will add photos as well. But meantime:

Chocolate kissel




I got PC and camera to talk again so here it is my result.

  • almond or coconut milk
  • coffee chocolate
  • cocoa powder (unsweetened)
  • arrowroot starch
  • honey
Pour milk into pot, add chocolate in and stir in honey and let the milk to boiling point. If you will reach the sweetness stop adding honey. Melt the chocolate in milk, if you reach darkness you like do not add any cocoa powder, I like it more dark and bitter so I added 2 TS cocoa powder into cup and added few tablespoons of hot milk to dissolve it and then pored it into pot. Then dissolved the arrowroot starch in cold milk and added it into mixture. Put it as much you like, if you like it thinner then less, if thicker then more. I like it quite thick and I run out arrowroot starch (3 TS) I had to add 2 TS potato starch as well. Heat it up to the thickness you like and set aside. Serve it with sour jam - I used cowberry jam - just love it.

I love the result and so do kids. Hope that I will get the photos up as soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment